During the inaugural S3 event in Singapore SimGHOSTS Operations Manager Kirrian Steer and Pan Asia Society for Simulation in Healthcare (PASSH) President Sabrina Koh signed into agreement an official affiliation between the two organizations. At the subsequent S3 event in 2019, the organizations reviewed and renewed their affiliation agreement, with presidents Sabrinah Koh and Ferooz Sekandarpoor signing on behalf of PASSH and SimGHOSTS.
The overall aims of this affiliation include:
- Promoting each respective organization and their endeavors amongst relevant networks and wider communities through a variety of routes including traditional and online marketing methods.
- Sharing & developing new knowledge, skills and resources to benefit the respective membership communities of each organization.
- Providing opportunities for collaboration at individual, institutional and organization-wide levels
- Enhancing the dissemination of innovations and solutions to community identified problems amongst members and the wider simulation community.
- Establishing pathways for professional development and recognition of the Simulation Technology Specialist in healthcare including training programs and research.
- Exploring the collaborative development and administration of PASSH / SimGHOSTS specific events focused towards those operating healthcare simulation technology.
About Pan Asia Simulation Society in Healthcare
PASSH is a non-profit organization with a mission to achieve excellence in healthcare simulation practice in Asia and a vision to:
- Strengthen healthcare education using simulation with emphasis on system integration, assessment, research, teaching and administration of simulation based education.
- Promote development among simulation professionals to apply simulation based education.
- Foster international network of simulation professionals.
- Facilitate information exchanges on practices and knowledge about simulation based education.
- Support users of simulation to achieve competency in the delivery of simulation education
SimGHOSTS President Ferooz Sekandarpoor said "The SimGHOSTS board of directors are thrilled to renew our affiliation with PASSH and look forward to collaborating with the organization leaders to support healthcare simulation technology users across Asia".
Learn more about the PASSH organization on their website.