Grapevine, TX - June 18th, 2016 - SimGHOSTS announced an affiliation agreement with the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL). The culmination of 6 years of persistence and hard work, the organizations who have already been collaborating together in a number of ways, have solidified the relationship by entering into this affiliation.
The agreement between the organizations seeks to foster regional, national, and international recognition, to promote the adherence to the INACSL Standards of Best Practice, promote mutual growth, stimulate networking within and across the organizations, and enhance the professional development of the simulation community through sharing knowledge and experience.
James Cypert, Executive Director of SimGHOSTS states "There is already a deep mutual respect between the organizations, and this agreement is further solidifies the work that has already started. We are all very excited to see what the future holds, and look forward to what this long-lasting partnership will yield for healthcare simulation."
INACSL’s mission is to promote research and disseminate evidence based practice standards for clinical simulation methodologies and learning environments. INACSL has operationalized its mission by developing the first standards for simulation practice, INACSL Standards of Best Practice: SimulationSM (2011), and revised in 2013. In June 2015, two new Standards were published in our official journal, Clinical Simulation in Nursing. These standards are: Simulation-Enhanced Interprofessional Education and Simulation Design.
Simulation and INACSL has grown rapidly over the last few years. This trend is expected to continue and accelerate. New growth potentials are expected this year and INACSL will be a leader for nursing simulation. INACSL provides benefits for its members in a variety of areas:
- A journal, Clinical Simulation in Nursing (CSN), is a valuable resource for the growing body of evidence for simulation. It also is a venue for you to share your scholarly products. CSN will be assigned an impact factor in July 2016. The impact factor will be retroactive for the last three years.
- INACSL continues to develop and refine Standards of Best Practice: SimulationSM. The Standards were used in the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) National Simulation Study.
- INACSL webinars provide timely information about simulation. Our website keeps the membership informed and archives information for future reference.
- The INACSL Simulation Scholars Mentorship Program connects novice simulation educators/researchers with national and international experts.
- The annual conference provides space for networking and sharing knowledge and skills to further the science of simulation alongside educators, researchers and industry partners from around the world.
- INACSL’s LinkedIn network keeps members connected throughout the year, provides a venue for asking questions, sharing tips and solutions, and posting employment opportunities. Pose questions to our LinkedIn group and you’ll receive answers from members with years of experience in the simulation field. Follow us on Social Media: LinkedIn, Twitter (@INACSL), FaceBook and coming soon Pinterest.
- INACSL has worked collaboratively with the NLN for HomeGrown Simulation Solutions and Debriefing Across the Curriculum in the NLN VISIONSERIES Submit for a Debra Spunt Research Grant to assist you with your simulation research or projects.
- INACSL has an e-Newsletter that is published 4 times a year and a monthly Current News update. You can submit information or read about exciting news from INACSL.
- There are many opportunities to be involved at different levels of the organization through serving on committees, as a committee chair, on a task force, or running for a position on the Executive Board of Directors.
The INACSL Board of Directors is committed to their organization and its members. If you have questions or are interested in becoming more involved in INACSL, please visit their website.