GIGXR Announces Free COVID-19 Resource: Simulation Training App for Healthcare Workers
Friday, August 21, 2020
In support of the medical community's world-wide effort to care for patients suffering from COVID-19, GIGXR announces the release of HoloPatient COVID-19 app for HoloLens 2.
The app provides high-quality, safe, immersive training and is available globally without charge in the Microsoft store. The training guides medical teams through four stages of the illness using holographic standardized patients, preparing them to identify and treat those suffering from COVID-19.
GIGXR's goal is to help save more lives around the world by giving medical workers and students a safe way to develop and refine their clinical assessment skills of COVID-19. Their immersive training allows learners to see, hear, and assess multiple scenarios, preparing them for the front lines better.
The app uses high quality photo-realistic holographic video of patients to guide learners through the four stages of the illness. The simulations help healthcare providers recognize the virus's common symptoms, model the assessment and risk stratification of patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, and understand the signs indicating deterioration and need for escalation of care.
HoloPatient: COVID-19 doesn’t require any previous HoloLens experience to use. Features include:
- Real-life patient holographic simulations depicting a variety of symptoms
- Full hand-tracking range enabling users to move, reposition, and interact with holographic patients
- Vitals Panel and Patient Information displays showing patient monitoring data
- Voiceover guidance, voice-command operations, and pause/repeat functionality
- Tools and tips to make the app easy for learners to use
Learn More: https://go.gigxr.com/covid-19-simulation-app